Sunday, February 03, 2008

The Move

I have been in Wilmington for approximately six months now. Lots of changes in my life and a lot of transitioning. I moved to a house that was temporary and it was wonderful but I did not unpack all my belongings to simply repack them in three months. I felt I was living out of a suitcase and could not wait to finally feel settled again. Then I found a place that was three blocks away, adorable and a huge fenced in back yard for the dogs. It turned into a nightmare. The evening before the move I walked in to look around and to picture where my belongings would go. As soon as I opened the door I smelled dog, not just dog, but dirty dog. The landlord had nine dogs along with various other animals living there and why I did not notice the smell or the see the dirt, I don't know. I looked around and the place was filthy. I am not the type of person who is obsessed with cleanliness, but when you find a bird feather stuck to your bedroom wall.....needless to say I called the landlord and was diplomatic, what my family and friends heard was $!*%#!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have since found a new place that is wonderful. I moved last Thursday, it took 12 hours but it's done! The place is charming, the landlords are wonderful and best of all it's CLEAN.

Now back to my laundry, I've been working hard getting the dirt pit, as I so graciously nicknamed it, out of all my linens, towels and clothing.

2 comments:

Scatterbrain said...

Welcome back! It's wonderful to see that you're blogging again. Was missing hearing about all your adventchas. I definitely want to hear about that indie flick. And more about the crazy house... ;-D
*HUGS*

Jocelyn said...

Thanks for the welcome! I am so glad I am back and thanks to you part of blogger. Just wish I could sit down and post more often. The Indie flick went no where but it's still a fun story and thankfully the dirt pit is a thing of the past. I love my new suroundings and will e-mail you soon! How are you? Not many updates on your blog. We need to chat!