Thursday, February 21, 2008

Daily Chef

As I am learning how to cook daily foods again I came across a great dish. It did not come from a food website or one of my many cookbooks nor my Mother. I found it on the back of a Pierogies box and changed it of course.

Pierogies a la Spectacular

A box of delicious frozen Pierogies
Portobello Mushrooms
Red Onion
Olive Oil
Parmesan Cheese

Dice the onion, chop the portobellos. Heat the olive oil until warm and throw all the ingredients in until the pierogies are no longer frozen and the onion and portobellos are to your liking. Sprinkle with parmesan and feast!

Next time I may add fresh spinach, red pepper and a smackering of hot red pepper flakes.

This is the best dish I have found so far when you are tired, hungry, have a two year old and need to find the time to blow bubbles.

2 comments:

RYD said...

yum! I'm going to try this one!

Jocelyn said...

yay! glad to hear it. it's delicious!