Saturday, February 16, 2008

Ease on down, Ease on down the road...

All of life's changes in the last six months has completely changed the way that I normally have done or handled situations. Priorities are different, the time I have in which to accomplish tasks has significantly reduced and the tasks keep multiplying. It's a good thing that I was a great multitasker prior to all of the changes! At least the changes have subsided for the time being and I'm hoping I'll be able to blog more often.

I started a new job a couple of weeks ago. It is a job that I have been looking for and I am thrilled to have the opportunity.

My only complaint is that Marley has fallen into the category of the child in daycare for 9+ hours a day and I miss her. Thankfully, I am I am over joyed with the daycare. Marley seems very happy and loves her teachers. They give each parent a review on paper of the daily activities. Periodically they will make a suggestion of a game to play with your child that incorporates what they are learning. One week it was reptiles. The suggestion was to roll play dough between your hands and make snakes. Now when Marley sees play dough she says SNAKE! Which make Mommy jump every time.

*********************************

I just came back from seeing the movie The Wiz. The movie is based of off L. Frank Baum's The Wizard of Oz. It has an amazing cast but I am not amazed that it did not win an Oscar. It was still a joy to see. It made me realize what a fortunate person I am. When a person has positive, supportive people surrounding them, they can unlock inside of them what they thought they were lacking.

Dorothy's quest through out the film is to go home. At the end of the story, Glinda the Witch tells her that home is not a place where you eat or where you sleep. Home is the strength that you find within yourself to accomplish life. A satisfying life that only you can define on your own.

On that thought I bid a good night to everyone!

2 comments:

Jennifer Howard said...

I love this movie...and your BLOG thanks for being a cup of cheer.
PEACE
Jennifer
aka Montessori Mama

Jocelyn said...

Always glad to be a cup of cheer! I read your blog often and LOVE your insight and suggestions.