Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Marley update

So here I am blogging instead of frantically trying to coordinate and organize this impending move. I truly thought I would have no time to blog but here I am! Actually I am at work, it's slow and I have just about done everything that I can do to make sure the transition goes smoothly. And anyways, what are they gonna do if they find me blogging, fire me, HA!

Marley has become quit the little girl these days. She went through a phase recently where she was OBSESSED with her belly button. That obsession had subsided... until yesterday when one of her teachers caught her offering her belly button a sip of water from her sippy cup. She also likes to share her sippy cups with her stuffed animals too. Belly buttons, stuffed animals they are both adorable and need tending to, right!?

Marley's vocabulary is growing. She has quite a list going these days. She says "bubble", "turtle", "all done", "more", "nana" (which interchanges with my Mother and a banana), "Mama and Papa" for Grandma and Grandpa, and last but not least there is "apple sauce". Not surprising that it's her favorite word but also her favorite food! If she sees something she doesn't know what it is, she simply calls it "apple sauce", it too is interchangeable.

Then there are her animals. Marley's favorite are two stuffed animal beagles and the real ones too! She also has a little Lamb which she calls "BA" (yes that loudly) and recently another stuffed dog that follows commands. Marley is constantly telling the new dog "DOWN" (yes that loudly). As far as calling the animals by their given identities she'd rather not. She's working on saying "dog" but would much rather bark and she'd much rather meow for a kitten, moo for a cow and so on. Just don't ask her what the dragon says, it's quite frightening when she lets out a big "RAH" and bares her teeth and claws.

Motherhood is better than I would have ever imagined. Watching her grow and discover the world and her capabilities simply astounds me. Her daycare had their first "water day" a couple of weeks ago, I was so excited for Marley knowing how much she loves the water. When I picked her up her teachers told me that out of all the kids Marley had the most fun, I wasn't surprised. So now when people ask me how Marley is doing, I tell them that she knows how to have the most fun!

.... Even with a pile of dirt that she played pretend shampoo. This dirt stuck to the scalp and after four real shampoo's still did not get it all out...but I won't go there because she had the most fun putting it there!

2 comments:

Scatterbrain said...

Oh man...that just brought me flashbacks of Snicky's adventure with Vick's Vaporub: she mashed a gob in her hair and we spent the day trying to wash it off. It was like an oil slick. LOL...Love the fancy mud treatment- Marley may be on to something...

Jocelyn said...

Ah yes, when Marley shampooed her hair with dirt I thought of Snicker and was glad it was just dirt and not Vick's Vaporub. I almost called you for advice!