Wednesday, June 20, 2007

I'm still here

Moving is not fun and I haven't even packed a box yet. That process will begin this weekend. The good news is I have a place to live, a job and I have secured a daycare for Marley.

Marley and I saw several daycares last Friday and it does pay off to walk into these places. I had 6 places to see on my list but only made it to 3 because I kept getting lost. I know, I know, I should never seek a career as a Captain of a ship. I feel with all the research I have done I chose well. The first place we saw was great and is in fact the place that I have chosen for Marley. The director and the teachers were fabulous, they truly care about the children. The second place I saw was horrible. It was huge and it felt like a factory for kids. The director didn't let me ask any questions. We did see the class where Marley would be placed and the kids were screaming, a few were crying and the teachers were chatting in the corner. I ran not walked out of that place. The third place would be great except it's in a bad area of town and Marley would be the only white kid. Color doesn't bother me what so ever but it would be awkward. Even though it's the 21st Century this still is the south.

Although I would love to clone Marley's current daycare, I feel I have made an excellent decision for her. I really don't want to uproot her and put her in another daycare again. Although I will if she's not happy.

I am going to give my notice at work today. I always hate resigning from a job. It feels like I am breaking up with someone which is never a good feeling. I am also telling Marley's daycare today too........sigh................

It's all a little bitter sweet. I am excited about the new town, the new people I will meet but I will miss the house and the life I have built here. Being a diplomats kid you'd think I would be used to saying goodbye but it's never been easy.

That's my life in a nutshell for the time being. I will try and blog as much as I can but realistically it won't be as much as I would like to.

Happy Wednesday!

2 comments:

Scatterbrain said...

Hey Jocelyn! Sending you some good thoughts- moving is never fun (the actual packing and goodbyes), although it sounds like you've planned everything for the smoothest transition possible! Wish I could give you hand- I've gotten used to packing boxes over the years too! ;-D Lots of kissies to all of you, especially Miss M.

Jocelyn said...

Thanks VZ! Good thoughts are always welcome. Give Snicker a big kiss from us!