Thursday, April 19, 2007

I must write about Tech

I named this blog "Je Blague" because it is a way of getting away from the stresses of life or seeing the humor in the stresses of life but I am going to take a break from that and write my thoughts about the horror that happened in my home State on Monday.

I want to start by saying that yes I do know people that attended the school, one who's professor is one of the victims. As I mourn, I know my heartache can not even compare to those who are closer to the campus and the people affected.

I am enraged with NBC for airing the videos of Cho. Mainly for their reasoning. I qoute from Matt Lauer from the Today show"

"And, to be honest, there are some very big differences of opinion here within the news division as to whether we should be airing this at all. But we have made this decision because by showing some of this material, perhaps it will help us understand or answer the question -- Why? Why did this happen?"

Why did this happen?! What I would like to understand is what was going through Cho's mind, what led up to this massacre? How did this happen?

The videos, which upset the family and friends of the victms DID NOT answer this question. The question still remains. In my opinion this confirms my belief that this country has turned into reality TV. Why show it? Yes, I want to understand why he did it but I feel qoutes from the tapes and experts deciphering the tapes would have been much more informative than all this sensationalism.

I must also mention that I read an article that NBC's rating were at an all time low due to American Idol and various other shows on other networks. I truly believe the airing of these tapes were purely selfish, money grubbing reasons. It's simply sick.

Voila! That's it. I had to get that out. I promise to post something light and humerous soon.

2 comments:

RYD said...

Hi - I'm the writer of A Reluctant Mom - thanks so much for commenting and being in touch. (Did you notice we're both Scorpios?) I tried to find your e-mail but can't, so please e-mail me your address and I'll write you back - have more to say but not on this comment page. And please, feel free to link my blog to yours. I'd love that!

Roxanne

Jocelyn said...

Roxanne-Thanks so much for commenting. LOL, we are both Scorpios.