Saturday, April 07, 2007

Crazy weather and Easter

Happy Easter everyone! I have to start this blog by griping about the weather. Last Monday it was HOT. H*O*T, hot. Did I dress appropriately, no, did I dress Marley appropriately, no. It hit 85 degrees and they were calling for mid 70's. One little boy at daycare had a flannel shirt on! The teachers did take it off, so he was sporting a bare chest with suspenders and his coveted gold necklace (yes, I know, why does a toddler have a gold necklace...beats me). Anyway, it was quit a sight!

Today was a different story. We went to an egg hunt at the Elizabethan Gardens. It was COLD, I'm talking C*O*L*D, cold. I think it hit a max of 40 degrees today and yes I saw snow flakes. The wind was whipping making the temperature feel in the 20's. From what I heard there has not been a snowflake that has fallen out of the sky in April here since 1963. Marley was dressed appropriately resembling the little boy from "A Christmas Story" although she could move and even run.

There's my gripe and now onto who, but of course Marley.

Marley has discovered that loves Easter. Not that she has any idea what it is about but she loves the baskets and the colorful plastic eggs and the stickers we have used to decorate the plastic eggs. She MUST carry this basket of eggs every where she goes.

I had Good Friday off from work, the same day they were doing the egg hunt at daycare. We had to go! They had little buckets with all the toddlers names on them and the eggs strategically placed on the playground. Marley found eight. She loves them, she spent the afternoon taking them out of her purple bucket and putting them back in. After dinner I had to reenact the egg hunt, while she was eating dinner, I hid them around the living room. After dinner, the hunt began. She found them all with a little help and all eight were placed back in her basket. Then the Mother's nightmare happened. She discovered she could open them and how wonderful the contents were. Before I knew it she had bitten into a green jelly bean. Her eyes grew wide and a glistening stream of green drool dribbled down her chin. She had found heaven! Well, until Mama decided to gather all the eggs and empty the contents before she discovered the sugary delights were in all the plastic eggs. The last thing Mama needed was an 18 month old on a sugar high.

The egg hunt at the Elizabethan Gardens was nice. The older kids had a fabulous time collecting all the eggs and not leaving many for the toddlers. Oh well...Marley did find two and thankfully they only contained stickers.

Happy Easter!!!!!!!

No comments: