Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Marley the next Houdini or a Circus Clown

Marley is quit a toddler these days. I read that children really reach the "terrible twos" at 18 months and so far I see what they mean. Lucky for me she has not had too many tantrums but she is a strong willed child. Life has become interesting between discipline and trying to supress the urge to burst out laughing.

Stunt #1: The dryer. Our laundry room is around the corner from the kitchen. Our dryer is a front loader. I was doing the dishes and saw Marley go into the laundry room. I had the Motherly instinct saying she's up to something... so I peeked around the corner and what did I see? Nothing, absolutely nothing and that nothing included Marley. It took me a moment when I realized she was in the dryer, with the door shut. When I opened the door to get her out she squealed with delight that I had found her.

Stunt#2: We have a tall end table between the sofa and the wall. I was in the kitchen again, this time trying to make her dinner. I looked over and she had climbed onto the table, was standing on it and did a belly flop onto the sofa. Again, she squealed with delight and started climbing back onto the side table. Again another big no, no. I went over to grab her off the table and right before I could get her she tried her belly flop again, this time she missed. Half of her hit the sofa and the other half rolled onto the floor. I panicked a little and picked her up. She was fine, in fact she was laughing and wanted to do it again.

This child is giving me gray hairs.....

No comments: