Monday, June 23, 2008

It wasn't the rain....

...that detoured me from the beach this weekend, it was the lightning. I was somewhat disappointed because it was our plan, a wonderful day at the beach. I like the beach when it's cold or rainy yet I love the beach when it's warm and sunny. It's simply, earth, in it's raw beauty.

Last Friday Marley was nicknamed "Rain Goddess" at school. I remember dancing in the rain as a child and how much fun it was and how good it felt. Why I stopped doing such things, I don't know. I have come to realize that one of the true joys of being a parent is rediscovering the child in me and all the little things in life that are a joy.

Here is to my Rain Goddess. May you splash in many puddles, dance to the beat of your own heart and live to always enjoy the simple things in life.

No comments: