Monday, March 19, 2007

Perspective

I have an addiction. It's called Yahoo Answers!. It's a fabulous community. It's been the answer to all my prayers. All you have to do is ask and you shall receive. I'm mostly in the Parenting section I also wander over to the Politics section and it's always a great debate. I recently bought a used Jeep and had a million questions, so I wandered over to the Jeep section. And then there is the Travel section. Having lived many different places in my life, I feel I have some expertise in the Colorado and Paris section.

I was looking over the travel section the other day and came across a question that I still think about. The question was "How can travel change the ideas of living". My response was:

Travelling opens your eyes and mind to other cultures. When you can see a different perspective you will be more open minded and start thinking about your choices in life differently.

It was voted as best answer. I got 10 points. Ok, I cheated, I saw that the question was put to vote so I voted for my own answer and was the only one that voted.

Anyway, it's hard to answer this question in just 3 sentences. It's hard to answer this question for someone who has never experienced travel or living in another country, there's just so much more that words can not tell.

I grew up overseas and didn't know any different. So my question is "How can growing up in one place change the ideas of living?". It's all about perspective, hence my title.

2 comments:

Scatterbrain said...

Jocelyn...I am laughing at the fact you voted for yourself...and won! Hahahahaha! Now tell me that you do Yahoo Answers while drinking coffee and I just might think you are a bit too dangerous to hang out with... ;-D
Kissies!

Jocelyn said...

You guessed it, I'm a bad caffeine fiend with an Answers addiction to boot! Hope we can still be friends. hahahahaha!