Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Mr. Mom

Hubby was laid off from his job at the end of last year. As devastating as it felt then things are much better now. He will be going back to work in a couple of weeks and we are also contemplating a move as well.

How has Hubby been doing these past several weeks? Well, it been kind of interesting for me. He goes to the grocery store, cleans the house and has dinner prepared. I know, I know, you think I'm spoiled, right? Well, think again.

When we decided to cohabit many years ago we set a ground rule. I won't touch your laundry if you don't touch mine. This was after a cashmere sweater of mine ended up on the regular cycle in hot water then the dryer. I'm not even sure my Barbie doll from my youth would have been able to wear it. I decided to do laundry one day and put his t-shirts in the dryer. Although the t-shirts were not ruined he preferred that they be hung dry. So fair enough I do my laundry and you do yours.

As the years have gone by the rule is still in effect but I have the chore of all the household laundry and Marley's as well. No big deal, I'd rather do it then have the cashmere sweater incident again. All has gone well until yesterday. Hubby decided that he would "help" with the household laundry. The fabric shower curtain in the guest bathroom had not been cleaned in awhile (although it did not need it). So in all of his "helpfulness", he forgot to read the tag that said DRY CLEAN ONLY. This mangled, obviously shrunk mess is hanging in the guest bathroom until I have the time to purchase another.

Let's see what else has happened. Oh yes, my beautiful, one of a kind coffee mug ended up in 60 pieces as well. I don't collect knick nacks, stamps, coins, etc but the one thing I do collect is pottery because it's beautiful artwork that is functional. I found this coffee mug in Breckenridge Colorado made by a local artist. It truly was a one of a kind. It has been on the top of my most prized possession list for 6 years. There have been a few other things as well, such as going waaayyy over budget on the grocery bill. At this rate we may as well eat out every night. But things are fine..... (as I grit my teeth).

Oh well, at least the house is vacuumed every day......(I really hope he goes back to work sooner than 2 weeks).

No comments: