Tuesday, October 31, 2006

It's official...

I'm going back to work. After a lot of thinking, conversations with family and friends and crunching numbers over and over I have decided it's worth going back. My main concern of course is Marley. Will she be happy? Will she adjust well? If she doesn't then all bets are off.

I received a phone call last week from one of the daycares that I thought would be best for Marley. They called to say they have an opening starting November 6th. We decided to visit again that afternoon. Marley made herself at home. She was having so much fun playing. We were there for close to an hour and Marley pitched a fit when it was time to leave. It certainly made me feel better that Marley enjoyed being there. Now, I have not dropped her off and left. My heart is going to break if she cries when I leave. Then again my heart might break if she doesn't cry when I leave. Monday is going to be a tough day. I have worked it so that I am only working 3 hours Monday and Tuesday. Four hours Wednesday, Thursday and Friday. I will only be working 6 hours 5 times a week, so we will begin the final schedule the following Monday.

Today we will be visiting again, this time for their Halloween party. We will go back on Friday so I can make sure I have all my ducks in a row and another period of time where Marley can get used to te surroundings.

It will be an adjustment. One that I feel will be good in the long run. If that changes then all bets are off and I stay home again. The daycare is 15 minutes from my home and work. I will miss her terribly. Then again I feel a little guilty for really looking forward being back in an office, using a part of my brain that is in need of a fine tune up and talking to grown ups for a straight 6 hour period. I am looking forward to not changing diapers in a 6 1/2 hour period. Let's see that would be about 3-4 diapers a day. Oh my goodness, that's 15-20 diapers a week! Those are great perks but I will miss her terribly.

Wish me luck and stay tuned to the updates next week.

No comments: