Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Marley is 9 months old today

I just can't believe how time is flying! I never understood why parents were so infatuated with their children until the day Marley was born. I have also realized that I have never loved like I love her. Of course I love my husband, my parents, my friends but the love that I have for my daughter consumes every cell in my body and it just grows more intense with each day.

She started crawling the last Friday in May. She has discovered a whole new world now that she is very mobile. Although it is challenging for both Mom and Dad it is fascinating to watch her become consumed at a wall or a closed door or even a dog hair that is lying on the living room carpet. One of her favorite areas is the sliding glass door. She loves to look outside and play with the curtain that hangs. When she started crawling some rules had to come into place. The stereo and the tv are a NO. The remote, the phone and the plants are a NO. It's tough to watch that happy face when she discovers a No thing just fall. We redirect her to something that is a YES and her face lights up again. She understands the word NO now. She is so amazing, when Mom or Dad tell her NO she gives us that sad look but will more times than not crawl away and find YES. She is so smart and I am so proud of her!

A typical day in this world with Marley begins between 6-7 a.m. I hear her little wake up noises and get her. There is a single bed in the nursery and I lay down with her and we snuggle as she slowly wakes up. We kiss, hug, play itsy bitsy spider then she sits up and crawls across the bed and I catch her right before she topples onto the floor. Hubby and I had a cold a couple of weeks ago and spent 2 weeks coughing. Marley decided that coughing is a fun thing to imitate. One morning as I was lying in bed with her I had a cough attack. She looked at me very seriously and coughed. She had her head on one pillow and mine was on the other. We stared at each other, she would cough and I would cough. This little game must have gone on for 5 minutes. Between coughs we laughed and laughed. I had joyful tears streaming down my face.

When we are finished with our snuggle session. I take her downstairs put her in her play pen and proceed to make her bottle and my coffee. When both drinks are ready I take her to the couch and help her with her bottle. She's very good with feeding herself a bottle but she prefers that I hold her morning and evening bottles. I sip my coffee, she drinks her bottle and we watch the news together.

When Marley was about 5 months old I took her to her changing table to change her diaper. She looked at me square in the face and said "OWWWW". It was the first time she had ever made a noise like that. I laughed and said "OWWWW" back to her. She looked at me with a puzzled look on her face and then did it again, "OWWWW". It is still our game. I can look at her and say "Marley can you say "OWWW"? Nine times out of ten she'll do it and we will go back and forth. There are times that she will stare down customers in a store and when they look her way she'll say "OWWWW". It makes the other customer laugh. No doubt. I've had people come up to me and say that she is the cutest baby they have ever seen. My response is, "I know".

We have a 3 foot deep inflatable pool that we set up in our back yard. We introduced the pool to Marley last weekend. She had a look of bewilderment on her face. Although the water temp was 83 degrees it felt a little chilly. Once she got used to the temperature and the toy frogs and toy skate fish she had a blast! Last night Dad took her into the pool with him. A friend of ours bought Marley an infant inner tube. We put her inside of the tube and with Dad's guidance she floated and floated for 1/2 an hour. The two of them had so much fun. Dad had a great time swimming under Marley and popping up right in front of her. Marley thought the game was great! Dad also showed her how much fun it is to put your face in the water and blow bubbles. Marley, as well as she could with the inner tube, put the side of her face in. We have decided that the next swim session we will start with the inner tube then take her out and see if she may be interested in putting her own face in. Pictures of last nights swim session will be posted very soon to Marley's website.

Wow! Today is a day for blogging for me. I guess I had a lot to get out. I should cut myself off and get on with my day. More Marley updates soon.

No comments: